Legal Practice Director
Richard commenced practice in 2002 and has nearly 19 years’ litigation experience in various roles with respected top level firms, including Minter Ellison, Deacons (now Norton Rose Fulbright) and Herbert Smith Freehills.
Having practiced almost exclusively in the area of disputes and litigation since early 2002, he is very experienced in court, adjudication and expert determination proceedings. Richard has an eye for detail and an impressive record of resolving disputes commercially and cost effectively.
During the course of his professional career, Richard has:
- represented many major Australian and international clients in complex litigation matters involving commercial disputes, debt recovery, building and construction disputes and loss mitigation for major banking institutions;
- advised and acted for many liquidators, receivers and managers;
- advised listed company directors regarding director’s liability issues and management of potential reputational risk;
- advised and acted for both private clients and large corporate clients in respect of retail and commercial leasing disputes and complex breach of contract matters;
- represented international and domestic receivers in highly complex mortgage insurance litigation arising out of a multi-billion dollar managed investment fund group collapse;
- acted for several large corporate clients in Building and Construction Industry Payments Act adjudication proceedings including leading a team representing one of Australia’s largest mining companies in a $40m Building and Construction Industry Payments Act adjudication and related court proceedings;
- advised and acted for a corporate client in relation to serious alleged infringements of the Australian Consumer Law in its online advertising;
- advised and acted for a corporate client in relation to alleged infringements of the Therapeutic Goods Act carrying significant criminal sanctions;
- acted for many other private and corporate clients in relation to estate disputes, shareholder disputes and contractual disputes.
Richard is committed to assisting clients to achieve quality results through a tenacious client-focused and solutions based approach.
Richard pro-actively seeks to resolve matters advantageously for his clients, rather than merely stepping them through the formal dispute resolution process. He embraces the use of technology to assist in managing medium to large cases and to report to clients.
- B.Com (Griffith University)
- LLB (Hons) (Griffith University)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioners Society